I am lucky enough to have been awarded the Brilliante Weblog Premio 2008 by two blogs so far: first Readerville, a great blog about books and literature, and The Modern Gal, one of my favorite blogs, about life, love and all things girly. Thanks so much, ladies!
Tradition dictates that you pass this award on to seven favorite bloggers of yours. Here are my favorites:
- Crazy Days and Nights — This celebrity blog is written by an anonymous entertainment lawyer who has connections to the stars and therefore has TONS of information nobody else has. He also releases eight blind items each week and does mass blind item reveals twice a year — if you’re even only mildly into celebrities, you MUST check the blind item reveals out!! They are incredible!
- On Common Ground — I got my current job because of this blog!! The writer, The Missus, and I became blog friends last fall. I told my friends that this blogger had the life I wanted to have ten years from now (great job, married, living in the South End), and boom — now I work for her! She blogs a few times a day about life, funny incidents, fashion and bikram yoga.
- Megorious — In this case, I knew the writer before I knew the blog, but this guy is so hilarious. I love his writing. He combines original writings and videos with links to politics, news and strange things. And nothing can top his Republican Chat Room Debate. It’s one of the most creative and funny things I’ve read in a long time.
- Hot Chicks With Douchebags — because there are few greater pleasures in life than laughing at Jersey guidos and the girls who love them. I went to college in Connecticut with a LOT of guys like this. The spiky hair, the bling, the muscle tees, the faux gang hand gestures…
- Serving Up Life…One Latte at a Time — I love personal blogs, especially those that chronicle people’s lives, and CelticBuffy has one of the best ones out there. She’s a single mom and she’s incredibly honest about her feelings, which is a rarity these days. At the same time, she keeps it totally anonymous, unlike me.
- Kate’s Wedding Blog — If/when I get married, it’s going to be quick, private and simple — think Vegas, courthouse or maybe a deserted beach. That being said, I LOVE the concept of wedding planning, especially fashion and decor, and Kate has amazing style. Sometimes I’ll see something in a store and think of her!
- Random Ramblings About My Crazy Life — Vanessa’s blog, to me, is the perfect representation of what the modern American woman’s blog is today. From contests to BlogHer to recipes to wonderings, her audience always comes first. Her entries are always written with her readers in mind.
If you’re looking for more blogs to add to your Google Reader, any of these would make a worthy addition.